Places Available for Sea Star Workshop

NZ Marine Studies Centre and Aquarium News nzmsc-aquarium at lists.otago.ac.nz
Tue Jan 29 14:13:24 NZDT 2008

Hi all

Just a reminder that our final Sea Star workshop takes place this
Friday at the NZ Marine Studies Centre at Portobello, and there are
still places available.  The one-day workshop is being led by Tahu
Mackenzie (who some of you may remember was our "Portobello Pirate"
last summer) and guarantees fun and drama for the 8-10 year old Sea
Stars who attend!

(Tahu Mackenzie as Portobello Pirate - December 07)

Be a Sea Star for a Day
A programme for 8-10 year olds

Become your favourite sea celebrity these holidays!

Are you crazy about crayfish?  Head over heels for hermit crabs?
Always oggling octopus?  Dreaming of dogfish sharks?

Now's your chance to get the exclusive, inside scoop on hundreds of
magnificent marine marvels!  Come on a voyage of discovery around the
Aquarium and seashore, uncovering the secrets of our amazing animals!

Make your marine dreams come true these holidays.  Combine cutting
edge scientific technology, costume, make-up design and mermaid magic
to transform yourself into the ultimate sea star!

Dates: 	Friday 1 February

Cost:	$30 for the day

Price includes:	Morning and afternoon teas (bring your own packed lunch)

The sessions are held at the NZ Marine Studies Centre at Portobello,
start at 10am and finish at 4pm.  NB  No transport is organised for
these one-day sessions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in this workshop, REGISTER NOW.
Download an application form from our web site or phone or email us.

NZ Marine Studies Centre & Aquarium, Portobello, Dunedin
Phone 479 5826   Email marine-studies at otago.ac.nz
http://www.marine.ac.nz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~